I’ve been tagged for the first time, even though I’ve been blogging for a couple of years now. I’m so flattered; I feel like I’ve reached a new level of cool. Anyways, I was tagged by Late Bloomer over at Soccer Moms and Single Chicks. The rules are as follows:
Rules: 1. Link to the person that tagged you. 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. 4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. 5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
So here are my Six Things…
1. When I’m in a restaurant ordering food I point to the item on the menu while stating my order. I didn’t even realize I did this until Husband pointed it out. Trust a partner to find the weirdness you didn’t even know was within you.
2. My favorite sandwich is luncheon meat (ham or salami) on a fresh bun with a bit of mayo and…potato chips. That’s right, I put the chips right on top of the meat as part of the sandwich. Scrunch the bun down so they crumble and flatten. Salty, yummy goodness!
3. I can’t stand letting the phone ring. I’ve been known to drop babies in mid diaper change to run to the phone. Okay, that’s not quite true but I’ve thought about it. I don’t know why I feel such anxiety to answer the phone in time – I have voice mail. But letting a ringing phone go unanswered takees a great deal of self-discipline (unless I’m convinced its a telemarketer; even then I’ve been known to answer “just to make sure” – hey, you never know when a friend is going to call from a 1-800 number, right?).
4. I mimic peoples’ conversational styles. I became aware of it when I was alot younger and worried that it was a sign of having no unique personality of my own. I’ve since recognized that it is a completely unconscious process. When I’m around someone who speaks rapidly, I speak rapidly. When I’m around melodic talkers my voice becomes equally melodic. I read somewhere that this was a positive social trait that allowed others to feel comfortable speaking with me. Or I could just be neurotic.
5. I don’t really like pizza, though I’ve been known to enjoy something gourmet (read: other than the standard tomato sauce-slathered fare) and I couldn’t eat leftover pizza if my life depended on it.
6. I’ve never read a Harry Potter book. I did the whole fantasy novel genre all through my late teens and early twenties and it just didn’t seem like anything all that new to me. Still, I do intend to read them one day.
Okay, so now that I’ve revealed these things about myself it’s time to tag six other bloggers. I’m going to pick Spacemom (for whom I’ve always had tag-envy), Kazia over at Maternal Musings, Tiffani at Two Triple Kayaks (who needs a prod to post more often), Brandee of Milk and Honey Designs (who can maybe find bra-related tidbits about herself), AnnaB of Life With Anna (who’ll either love it or send me hate mail), and finally Theresa over at Myriad Things (because I don’t know her and what better way to make friends on the internet, right?).